Instagram

Thursday 5 November 2015

Reading list

Time to read, Ive forgotten what that feels like, to actually have the time to immerse yourself waiting the pages of a great book.

My last few holidays have been pretty adventure packed, so at best I've had the flight to catch up on some reading (although my last flight was with 18 other girls on a hen party en route to Marbella, so the only reading I managed was the drinks menu)



Prior to my eventful weekend in Marbella was a small tour of Southern Italy in May, where I covered Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Ischia, and Rome in 7 days, so as you can imagine, not much time to get lost in a good book.

I can't say the land covered in the 6 months previous to Italy was conducive for delving into some good literature. There is too much to do in Singapore, Berlin and Ibiza... Oh and a boozy girls holiday to Tenerife. 

So now I have a 21 hour flight to look forward to and a lifetime to explore, I can get excited about my reading list. There's a few books I want to get stuck into:

- Lonely Planet Guide.... A must to pack my itinerary full of adventure and help me plan my travels.
- I am pilgrim, Terry Hayes.... I've been reading this for about a year now and really want to finish it. So far the best book I've read in a while.
- Down Under, Bill Bryson... Heading to Oz, it would be rude not to
- The Alchemist, Paul Coelho... An adventurer looking for treasure... That would be nice 
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie.... A bit of self improvement can't hurt.
- The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins... Psychological thriller. 
- Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill... Inspirational and motivational. 
- One of our Thursday's is Missing, Jasper Fforde... A detective looking into the kidnapping of characters from works of fiction. Bit of fantasy is the best way to lose yourself.
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen... Again, because the first ten times of reading it just wasn't enough.

Looks like Amazon will be getting a visit in the next few weeks to load up my kindle. Leave a comment with any good recommendations to add to my list.

I'm not sure what my reading list says about me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment